If documents are not available on DigiLocker, then they will not be treated as legally recognized at par with the original documents. The Government of India, under its resolve to ease availing government facilities, has launched the Digital India initiative. It has taken a number of steps to bring everything under public domain and make it easy and quick for all to avail government services. DigiLocker is a digital locking service provided to Indian citizens where they can store their documents and use it wherever they need it.
After entering number, all you have to do is hit the “Get Document” button to sync it with the app. The process takes a few seconds and your document would be available for access right away. DigiLocker is a cloud-based app, authorized by the government of India for storing official documents. The National Testing Agency or the NTA has conducted the exams of the national level medical entrance that is NEET 2020. Lakhs of students have appeared for the examinations and the NEET 2020 results are expected soon.
Structure Of Digital Locker Scheme
DigiLocker follows the finest industry practices, and keeps data 100 percent private, allowing only the user to share details and documents with others. DigiLocker is ISO certified, and has an ISO certified data center. As is evident from the name itself, DigiLocker is a digital locker for individuals to store their important documents. The documents can be stored in their scanned form or in their digital form as a soft copy. Besides storing important documents, DigiLocker can be used as a platform for verifying and also issuing documents and certificates digitally.
- Many people often worry about losing or misplacing important documents like Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card, certificates, etc. while carrying them physically.
- More issuers getting on the platform will create a trusted paperless ecosystem enabling individuals and businesses to share their documents paperlessly for availing financial or governmental services.
- DigiLocker, an Aadhaar-based application, is being used by many citizens already but the number of those who are unaware of its existence is far higher.
- In July 2015, more than a year before demonestisation, PM Narendra Modi had launched the DigiLocker app, meant to store all your original documents online.
- Henceforth, DigiLocker users will be able to access their digital RC & DL both on desktop computers and on mobile devices.
- As an app for another country, you can use ‘1 Password’ and ‘Keychain’ for iOS instead.
However, it is important to note that only the documents in the issued documents segment of DigiLocker will be a valid ID proof. All authorities have the right to deny verification on the basis of uploaded documents, i.e., the documents uploaded by the user himself under the “Uploaded documents” segment. In July this year, Indian Railways had taken a similar step and allowed Aadhar and other ID proofs saved on DigiLocker to be considered as valid documents.
Cbse Digital Marksheet For Class 10, 12: Steps To Get It From Digilocker
And there is also the possibility of misplacing or losing your documents. So to reduce your efforts and keep your documents safer, Download DigiLocker APK for Android the government has introduced this new feature where you can save all documents and use them whenever you want. If some organization has uploaded any of your e-documents, you can see it in the account. Now how can I receive otp bcz it is sent to the registered mobile number. Sir at the time of sign up on digital locker by mistake I enter a wrong user name . Hello sir thanks for sharing the blog of digital locker india these information are very important for those who don`t know about the digital locker.